I was having a difficult time trying to decide on what to blog about. Then I realized the great thing about a Blog is that you really don't have to have some profound entry, it can be literally anything. So this entry may seem like random thoughts, but I'm sure by the end I will have some sort of "tie-together" or point :-).
One thing that I have found out about myself during these last couple of weeks with Reese is how laid back I am when dealing with the early morning wake-ups or the for no reason cries of rage she has sometimes. Now when other people get involved I do get a little bit more on edge just because this is MY precious little girl who I love with everything that I have. But in terms of myself, I'm pretty chill; which surprises me because I am very Type A, and tend to be uptight with life! I guess I should ask Tyler to see if this all is truth, but in my mind this is how I see it.
I will say that Reese and I are still figuring each other out, but so far I do have her hungry cry down, which sounds more like a pissed off cat shrieking than an actual cry. I read the book "BabyWise" before having her, and have tried sticking to the advice in the book; and to my surprise, I think the authors were on to something. I have tried to stick to an every 3-4 hour schedule, but I don't rule the day by that schedule. I have to be able to breathe too, and I refuse to alienate myself because "during the hours of 2-3 pm is nap time." I have also found that these authors knew a thing or two when putting the "BabyWise" technique into play at night. Reese gets her nightly bath around 930, and around 1030-11 either Tyler or I will give her a last feeding; she then will get up around 2am and then again around 5 am. Not too shabby in my opinion! She is then ready for the day between 7-730. I really can't complain about the lack of sleep or how awful the nights are, and for that I am truly thankful!
For now I am enjoying this newborn phase of Reese's Life. Everyday brings another new facial expression and another new adventure. Can't wait to see the trouble we get into together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment