Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Going Back...

First off...has it really been since Aug. 31 that I have written something...wow...I'm super embarrassed and my sincere apologies for putting my fellow readers off...I'm sure you all missed me!!

Well onto the newest happenings...I'm going back to work the floor as an RN! gasp!!!  I know, I know, but sometimes stepping away from something even for a short time, you realize that it is a passion.  We did though weigh the pros and cons seriously in how going back to work in any capacity would impact little Reesie Cup!!  We came to the conclusion that the best option would be for me to go back Part-time night shift...gasp again I'm sure...Part-time would mean working 2 days a week for 12 hours.
  Pros: 
NO DAYCARE because when I would be at work, Tyler would be home with Reese sleeping; and I wouldn't miss anything as far as her day routine would go! 
Cons:
When I get home from work, she is waking up=little sleep to recover.  But I will just have to force myself to sleep when she naps, and I will just schedule myself to have days in between off...so that I can recover.

So the search was on to find a part-time night shift position, preferably at the hospital that is just 10 mins from our house.  They did have Full-Time positions available for nights, but no part-time.  So I contacted the Nurse Recruiter assigned, and I asked if the manager would be willing to offer a part-time position since I did have a experience in that area.  She emailed me back right away and said that at this time only Full-Time positions were wanted.  So I kept on looking, and praying that God would open a door for me to go back to work at the most ideal place.  Well...it was maybe two days later that this nurse recruiter emailed me, and said that she had spoke to that manager of the unit I had inquired about, and the manager had said that she would offer a PART-TIME NIGHTS position, and if I would be interested in interviewing.  I was floored, and so excited.  

Long story short: I interviewed, shadowed a nurse on the unit, and they offered me the job.  It's truly amazing how God works in closing and opening different doors, and how it all was what would work best for life with Reese.  I am truly so thankful and blessed for what God has done and is doing in our lives.  I am also so excited for this other new adventure!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! This is exciting! I've thought about making myself do nights after we have kids for the very same reasons! What unit will you be on? Are you excited to get back into floor nursing? Oh, and I missed you while you were gone! I check your blog often :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shaina!! I will be on a regular Med/Surg floor at a smaller sister hospital to the big Trauma hospitals downtown Indy. It'll be a little less stressful then dealing the trauma crazies like I have in the past!! I shadowed one of the night nurses and I found that I really did miss the floor because for the past 1.5 years I've been working in a doctor's office!! Oh i'm glad you missed me...I'll be adding a fun blog probably later tonight!! Tune IN!!

    ReplyDelete