Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Friday, August 17, 2012

Everyone I Bought a Glue Gun!

Today I had a mission, and that mission was to start to become a Crafty Mom!!  So guess what I did to kick start things?  You guessed it; I bought a glue gun!  I guess what started me wanting to scratch this craft itch I have been dealing with is Pinterest.  I've been getting very annoyed at myself because I have all these Boards with DIY, Recipe, Craft Ideas, ect. but I have really yet to try any of these ideas that I find so cute and amazing.  Now I have tried some of the recipes, but known of the craft ideas.

So today was the day.  I packed Reese up, and off we went to Walmart.  We did take a detour to McDonalds so I could get a Diet Coke!  I picked up what I needed, and then headed back home.  Now I bet you are wondering what craft I decided to tackle first.  Well, my mom let me have some mason jars and lids that she had leftover from my baby shower, and I had a PIN on one of my boards for Mason Jar Soap Dispensers.  Now, I'm hoping you can put two and two together!!  Now I had a dilemma.  All of the soap pumps I had around the house were for foam soap.  So I Googled (what would we do without Google!) how to make Foam Soap, I found a concoction that I liked, and then just tweaked it to make it work for myself.

I got the Soap Dispenser Idea from this blog/site:  DIY Mason Jar Soap Dispenser 
**I spray painted my lid and dispenser pump**

Here is the recipe that I used for the Foam Soap

1 cup warm water
4 Tbsp liquid soap of your choice (I used Dawn Dishsoap with Olay Pomegranate Splash since this dispenser is by the kitchen sink)
-Lightly stir the two ingredients together so you do not make bubbles-

Here is the finished product

2 comments:

  1. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Mallory, that is very nice. Good Job... Love Ya gn

    ReplyDelete